Sunday, February 15, 2015

Lemons


Lemons

Last weekend upon entering the grocery store I was greeted with the sight of a beautiful display of Meyer lemons WITH THEIR LEAVES!  They were absolutely beautiful.  I carefully picked out a few making sure that they were gently bagged so the leaves would not come off.   Even as I did so, some leaves fell at the slightest touch.  I asked the cashier to put them on top of the groceries.  She must have thought I was crazy when I said I was going to paint them and wanted to make sure the leaves stayed attached. 

I came right home and started this 5 x 7" painting.  It took me a couple of evenings to finish the painting.  The second evening the leaves were dropping and I tried to reattach them with pins.  It was a race against time.  A friend said I should have painted one of the dropped leaves--a momento mori.

Now, to the internet, to find a good Meyer lemon recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment