Sunday, March 1, 2015

20 Pastries


Plateau de 20 Mignardises

Please enjoy this tray of 20 miniature pastries!  No calories, no carbs; just enjoyment, I hope!

This fall I travelled to Lille, France on a courier trip.  On my free time, I explored the town and marveled at the pastry shops.  Everything looked so delicious and enticing.  I had to come home and paint them. 

Which would you pick?  The lemon meringue tarts?  The glazed apricot?  The raspberry mousse pastries topped with raspberries?  The hazelnut ganache? Or perhaps the brandied raspberry gateaux topped with chocolate disks sprinkled with powdered sugar? Maybe the ones with lavender icing? Who could resist the cherry glacée bombes and the decadent cream filled pies topped with chocolate wafers?

Perhaps you'll take the whole tray.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I would pick the lemon meringue, but your delicious painting is the best way for me to enjoy French pastries!
    KH

    ReplyDelete